Ardmore is located 200m above sea level, near the small village of Kennethmont.
Founded in 1898 by William Teacher & Sons, it was positioned between the hills of Aberdeenshire and near the railway line to facilitate the transport of material from Glasgow and thus facilitate its growth and sales.
The water used still comes directly from the natural springs of Knockandy Hill, 500m above sea level.
Ardmore was the last Scottish distillery to make the transition from the direct heating system of the coal to steam stills.
With the acquisition of the distillery in 2005, by the Japanese Beam Suntory, we are witnessing an increase in production, which reaches 5 million liters per year.
In 2007 the first bottling of the Ardmore Traditional Cask was carried out; however almost 95% of the whisky produced every year is used for the creation of blends.