Edradour is known as one of the smallest traditional distilleries in Scotland.
It produces only 90,000 liters a year, the quantity that one of the largest distilleries produces in a week.
Currently the distillery has a cast iron mash tin, two Oregon pine washbacks and two pot stills.
Since 2004, it has sold a series of single malts in 50 cl bottles, finished in barrels containing different wines or distillates.
Its history is quite troubled, we list here some historic stages of the distillery:
1825 - This year the creation of a distillery called Glenforres, by some farmers from Perthshire, is traced.
1837 - It is the first year in which Edradour is mentioned.
1841 - The farmers form a company, the John MacGlashan & Co.
1886 - The American company J. G. Turney & Sons buys Edradour through its subsidiary William Whitely & Co.
1922 - William Whitely purchases the distillery to be able to produce its blended whiskies. The distillery is renamed Glenforres-Glenlivet.
1975 - Pernod Ricard purchases Campbell Distilleries.
1982 - Campbell Distilleries buys Edradour and builds a visitor center.
2002 - The Edradour is bought by Andrew Symington on behalf of the Signatory Scotch Whisky.