The BenRiach distillery, originally known as Longmorne No.2, was built by John Duff in 1897. The distillery is located in a sparsely populated rural area of Speyside, near the Grampian Mountains near the Lossie River.
2004 is the beginning of the most exciting period in the history of BenRiach. In that year BenRiach became independent, having been acquired by The BenRiach Distillery Company Limited. This independent property allows the distillery to experiment with various interesting wood finishes and continues to produce malt barley, both peaty and not. BenRiach portrays its uniqueness through the methods and special skills of the men who make whisky, the ingredients used, the characteristic copper stills and the high quality barrels selected for maturation.